I just realised that until now I’d forgotten to post photos of the finished fish, which is now in the possession of a new owner – Kerry – my first proper (and hopefully satisfied) customer.
After a bit of a marathon sanding, in which I went back over a number of spots to make sure of the board’s structural integrity and watertightness (if that’s a word), I ran a quick black resin pinline on the deck, from nose to tail, and she was done. Here are the photos…
As you can see, I’ve installed five fin boxes, to allow a bit of versatility in the fin setup. My personal preference would be for a quad set, perhaps canards.
May it give Kerry many happy surfs and help take her surfing to another level.